Saw this recipe in the latest version of CL! Had to make it! We even had a head of cauliflower that i needed to use before heading off to work in another state on monday! This was perfect!
- 1 cauliflower head, roughly chopped (about 3 poundsCooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.5 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 2/3 cup), divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 0.5 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
For “home made pizza sauce”
- 1/2-3/4 cup tomato sauce (in the bottle) – usually i can’t eat red sauce, this stuff i can, woot me!
- Garlic powder
- Onion Power
Pepperoni, pickled jalapenos, onions and tomatoes, bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place half of cauliflower in a food processor; pulse 10 to 15 times or until finely chopped (like rice). Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet lined with silpat
parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining cauliflower. Coat cauliflower with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Cool.
3. Increase oven temp to 450°.
4. Place cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze until very dry. Combine cauliflower, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 cup basil, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, salt, garlic, 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, egg whites, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Press cauliflower mixture into 2 (8-inch) circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat crusts with cooking spray.
5. Make “pizza sauce” – combine ingredients, adding more or less of the ingredients to taste (sorry, i know i hate when people do that, but it’s really not a set type of thing…)
6. Bake crusts at 450° for 22 minutes or until browned.(Take care ours were brown and starting to char at 15) Remove pan from oven; top crusts evenly with sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese and whatever toppings you wish. Bake an additional 7 minutes or until cheese melts or it’s done to your liking
I was concerned that cooking on a silpat would make the bottom get weird like it did with the cauliflower tortillas, but i didn’t!
Can also use pesto in place of red sauce, or none, if you aren’t in the mood!
I’ll try making them thinner next time!
Nutrition for the crust alone:
- Calories: 225.9
- Total fat 10.3g
- Sat fat: 5.8g
- Poly .3g
- Mono: .7
- Cholesterol 24.3
- Sodium 531.5mg
- Potassium 941.8
- Total Carbs: 16.8
- Fiber :7.3
- Protein: 21.2